I’m an IT professional who lives and works in De Pere, Wisconsin. My passion for IT started when I was a kid and has picked up steam ever since. I love home lab work and gaming PC builds to enterprise level software and hardware deployments.
A lot of my experience has been in a jack of all trades type of position but the variety of work helped me gain a clear picture of how IT works. Wearing many hats start from helpdesk and all the way up to systems administrator, I’ve done some of it all.
My career in IT had started while I was in high school, working a few summers as an intern at my local school district. I later worked at a printing company for 7 years and worked my way up the ranks from intern to Systems Administrator. I now work for telecommunications company as a Senior Systems Administrator for the last 3 years.
I hope to document much of my work on this site to help others who may find themselves in the same situation as I have. I’d also love to see feedback on my work to find improvements along the way.
Some of my strongest attributes are in scripting and software development. I’m a huge fan of PowerShell and have recently started working my way into Visual C#. I love building applications and Windows services to help automate business processes. Saving people time is really one of my favorite things to do.
Here are the latest projects I’ve done.
- Active Directory 2008 R2 to 2012 R2 Upgrade. Now using server core.
- Exchange 2010 to 2013 Upgrade. Added Outlook Anywhere, Archiving, DLP policies.
- SharePoint 2010 to 2013 migration and data reorganization
- SharePoint 2013 SP1 upgrade, Office web apps servers upgrade, workflow server upgrade
- System Center Operations Manager Installation and Configuration
- System Center Configuration Manager Upgrades and Maintenance
- Microsoft SQL Central Management Server
- Certificate Authority Server Installation and Deployment
- Active Directory DirSync and Office 365 Configuration
- Azure AD Connect upgrade from DirSync
- ADFS server implementation and connection to Office 365 to provide SSO
- Lync 2010 to Skype for Business Online (Office 365) Migration
- Starting process to replace on premise Barracuda spam filter with Office 365 solution
- Citrix 7.8 XenDesktop VDI Implementation for point of sale application across retail stores and call center
- Windows Server 2012 R2 KMS server setup and migration.
- Custom application development (C#) – Session tracking service for client computers to track logins, IIS log file management service, AD User & Computer Lookup tool for helpdesk
- Developing custom workflows to automate IT processes such as onboarding and off boarding and virtual server inventory
- Active Directory Audit – Cleanup of old accounts, re-structuring, reworking of GPOs, and reporting.
If you are wondering what type of caterpillar that is in my header image it’s a Black Swallowtail.